BrokenHeartsShootingclub
~ Welcome to <BHS/3 Clan Forum ~

~ Enjoy your stay and be Happy Smile ~

~ BHS-ET.tk ~

(no ads for registered users)

HomeHome[b]Servers[b/]Recruiting forumUnbanFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

No Sound On Linux Install!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
I<3Pie

PostSubject: No Sound On Linux Install!   Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:47 pm

hello guys!

I have recently switched from Windows Vista OS (only windows OS my laptops allowed to run) to Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx 32-bit OS (Linux OS)

I have installed W:ET via correct Linux install. but i am not getting any sound come through the game.. does anyone have the same issue or a resolve for this issue?

feel free to bug me if you need more details on the issue!

Thanks in advance!

<BHS/3 Clan ***
pie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
I<3Pie

PostSubject: Re: No Sound On Linux Install!   Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:57 pm

I have yet to try an use any of these methods! will let you know which one works if any work Smile

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/EnemyTerritory

<BHS/3 Clan ***
pie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
I<3Pie

PostSubject: Re: No Sound On Linux Install!   Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:18 pm

Okies i done some more digging.... one of those methods did work for me. but I found a different website for it =) I had to install GNOME ALSA Mixer via terminal:-

sudo apt-get install ALSA

was a very simple fix. download install the et-sdl-sound file from website (i put it in my install folder where you find the shortcut to launch ET) I also made sure it had read AND write permissions aswell as making sure its "allow to executing file as program" double click run in terminal. BOOM terminal opens runs through what it needs to do.. i then heard a REALLY horrible sound to which i thought Damn i have buggered it completly. then when i stopped intro video the noise stopped and i had sound working through ET

Website with instructions:-
http://nullkey.kapsi.fi/et-sdl-sound/  

I did NOT have to do all of it.. i only had to install the et-sdl-sound.gz file! each user may be different. dependant ofc on the version of Linux you are using!
to try it the way i got it working scroll down to around half way and look for the part that is as follows:-

download

launcher scripts

et-sdl-sound.gz    Enemy Territory

<BHS/3 Clan ***
pie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pooper

PostSubject: Re: No Sound On Linux Install!   Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:25 pm

Like I know Windy he will probably sit back, chuckle a bit, not say a word until you find the solutions on your own and then answer with "YES".

He did that all the time with me when we were trying to fix server things.  Razz 

No seriously, I think he's still afk because of his Driving License and school.

<BHS/3 Clan ***
Back to top Go down
View user profile
I<3Pie

PostSubject: Re: No Sound On Linux Install!   Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:30 pm

Given up on the sound issues with ET to be honest with you.... i got it working with sound. but there is around a 0.2 second delay between actions and hearing the sound itself so pointless to be honest... it throws off your aim cause the hit sounds are delayed.. would rather just play with no sound and be easily back/side raped ect to be perfectly honest... Smile i am currently working on other issues within linux i have recently encountered

<BHS/3 Clan ***
pie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
I<3Pie

PostSubject: Sound Issue With Linux FIXED!   Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:04 pm

I actually had this fixed before I went on a break after christmas lol.. thought i had maybe posted the fix before hand but can't seem to find it so here it is!!!!

it is Very simple to do just follow the steps and bobs your uncle fanny's yer aunt! job done! (im awaiting help with config and etkey fixes as i have yet to fix them linux has weird directories for such things so awaiting the help off Alex from ETF clan will add into this with an edit when i fix it)

Back up PK3 Files Ect Ect.
Remove all traces of W:ET installation.

sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list

At the END of the file (mousewheel) Add:-

deb http://archive.getdeb.net/ubuntu utopic-getdeb games

then use Ctrl + X ( to exit )

then Ctrl + Y (to confirm)
it should then say /et/apt/sources.list in a wee bar near the bottom.. if so then hit Enter.

wget -q -O- http://archive.getdeb.net/getdeb-archive.key | sudo apt-key add -

Should get "OK" confirmation!

sudo apt-get update

Once Finished.

Web Browser (Copy Paste > Enter)

http://www.playdeb.net/install/enemy-territory/2.60b%2Bpb2.213-1~getdeb2

for me it opened this in software centre.. but i read sometimes firefox needs be told to use apturl for it to work if the "loading screen is blank" or some bollocks! I had problems at first.. but then i removed Linux install of ET and Wines install of ET, as well as any traces of the first attempt this way... i then worked without any problems at all!

www.playdeb.net apparently has a fair few games on it that you can install onto Ubuntu distro's this way... ive yet to look through it yet as its like 03:49am lol!

i am pretty sure after installing one game this way.. all you need to do is use the website directly to install the rest of them......

Deleting the installilations is really really simple... go back to www.playdeb.net and find what it was you want to install.. reclick install button and there u can then be given option to remove once its loaded!

<BHS/3 Clan ***
pie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
I<3Pie

PostSubject: Re: No Sound On Linux Install!   Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:10 pm

Location off ETMAIN folder for config/etkey placements based on Ubuntu LTS

Linux: /home/username/.etwolf/etmain/

you will need to use Ctrl + H (show/hide hidden files) to see/access the folders.

if you are wanting to save config the easiest way to do so is open terminal:- Sudo Gedit

this will bring up linux's version of "notepad" to which has sudo rights to allow you to save in the etmain folder. without the sudo command gedit will not give you permission to save the file...

as for EtKey.. I removed it as dont need it for silent. but you do how ever need it for jaymod, etpro, and probably that abomination mod NitMod! so yeah.. i think you may need to sudo that too.. to which i'd suggest using Sudo Nautilus which again gives you sudo rights to save files in said folders ect ect. as for EtKey explained above. dont quote me on that and get back to me if this does not work and i will install an EtKey and give clear instructions Smile

<BHS/3 Clan ***
pie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No Sound On Linux Install!   

Back to top Go down

No Sound On Linux Install!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1