BrokenHeartsShootingclub
~ Welcome to <BHS/3 Clan Forum ~

~ Enjoy your stay and be Happy Smile ~

~ BHS-ET.tk ~

(no ads for registered users)

HomeHome[b]Servers[b/]Recruiting forumUnbanFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Problem solved - Goomba bug fixed

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
pooper

PostSubject: Problem solved - Goomba bug fixed   Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:13 am

Woke up early, had some "Earl Grey - hot" (huge Captain Picard fan here  Wink ) and thought "Hey, these disappearing bodies when you jump on corpses are annoying"

Razz 

So I took a look in the silent documentation (I encourage everyone to have a look):
http://mygamingtalk.com/wiki/index.php/Silent_Mod_Server_Cvar

I quote:
Falling damage can be either 500, 50, 25, 15, or 10 depending on the length of the fall. So if you set g_goomba to 5 and land on a player from a fall that would have damaged you 10HP, you will inflict 50HP of damage on the player you land on, and you will only recieve 2HP of damage.

So:
The damage is multiplied and not simply set here. The value was fucking brutal 500  Exclamation 

Let`s assume a jump on corpse does only 5HP damage:
5 x 500 = 2.500

I think this was done to allow "instant goomba", but the inflicted damage probably was too high, therefore the corpses just vanished.

Instead I set it to 20 and activated the "Insta-gib goomba" flag. Works perfectly.
Only thing I miss now is the "splash" sound, but overall I think it`s an improvement.

<BHS/3 Clan ***
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Problem solved - Goomba bug fixed
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1