~ BHS-ET.tk ~

(no ads for registered users)
BrokenHeartsShootingclub
~ Welcome to <BHS/3 Clan Forum ~

~ Enjoy your stay and be Happy Smile ~

~ BHS-ET.tk ~

(no ads for registered users)
BrokenHeartsShootingclub
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome[b]Servers[b/]Recruiting forumLatest imagesUnbanET Freezes when I bring down Console 163410iiconminiconfigcornerSearchRegisterLog in

ET Freezes when I bring down Console

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
<BHS/3kanga

<BHS/3kanga

ET Freezes when I bring down Console Empty
PostSubject: ET Freezes when I bring down Console   ET Freezes when I bring down Console EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 9:12 pm

YAY, I get to break in a forum section, lol.

This is what happens, when I hit Tilde (`) and try to bring down the console menu my computer freezes. it brings up the normal white arrow on your PC (instead of the ingame grey one).

I can't see what I'm typing, but I can see everything in the console. hitting tilde (`) again doesn't work to close the menu. all i can do is /quit

Any thoughts? Uncle Google has come up dry on this one
Back to top Go down
</3Boban

</3Boban

PostSubject: Re: ET Freezes when I bring down Console   ET Freezes when I bring down Console EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 8:41 am

Honestly, I have never heard about that. Can't find anything useful either. But who knows, maybe reinstalling the game from another website will fix the problem. I would try that.
Back to top Go down
PaRaNoiD

PaRaNoiD

PostSubject: Re: ET Freezes when I bring down Console   ET Freezes when I bring down Console EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 2:24 pm

Ye never heard of something like that.

Try reinstalling ET and updating your graphic drivers since ET is very susceptible when it comes to old drivers.

I hope you can solve the problem.

Cya
Back to top Go down
<BHS/3kanga

<BHS/3kanga

PostSubject: FFS   ET Freezes when I bring down Console EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 7:16 pm

SO I uninstalled ET, and reinstalled ET. Went on our server but couldn't connect becuase it wouldn't let me download the files. This is why I originally went to the WZ server because it was the only one my stupid computer would let me connect to.

Anyways I then tried going to FOB, and I got kicked off before I joined and a message saying I'm banned. I'm assuming that I didn't have punkbuster enabled so yeah. my day is getting awesome.

ALSO for those of you that don't know I have a major hurricane headed my way ( I live on the eastern coast of the US) so send best thoughts over across the pond!
Back to top Go down
</3 Ant0
Admin
</3 Ant0

PostSubject: Re: ET Freezes when I bring down Console   ET Freezes when I bring down Console EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 8:23 pm

Good luck with the Big Wind and well try and sort your problem soon!
Back to top Go down
<BHS/3kanga

<BHS/3kanga

PostSubject: Re: ET Freezes when I bring down Console   ET Freezes when I bring down Console EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 11:40 pm

So as poop will attest, I got on the server for half of one map. But while i was waiting for the next to load (which it didn't ever, just stayed at 0% and said estimating) I also got the following error messages:
CL_GetServerCommand was cycled out

Server Disconnected Unpure Client Detected. Invalid .PK3 files

Also while on our server, while it was TRYING to download the command kept saying "Failed to initialize download"

Any thoughts?

T-6 hours till hurrican Very Happy
Back to top Go down
<BHS/3kanga

<BHS/3kanga

PostSubject: Re: ET Freezes when I bring down Console   ET Freezes when I bring down Console EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 11:47 pm

Need paks: etmain/braundorf_final.pk3

Need paks: @etmain/braundorf_final.pk3@etmain/braundorf_final.pk3
ERROR: DL_BeginDownload unable to open '/home/mark/.etwolf/etmain/braundorf_final.pk3.tmp' for writing
Failed to initialize download for 'http://maps.germany5.ycn-hosting.com/46.4.23.87-27010/etmain/braundorf_final.pk3'
Need paks: etmain/braundorf_final.pk3

Could not create etmain/braundorf_final.pk3.tmp

Why does ET hate me?
Back to top Go down
</3Boban

</3Boban

PostSubject: Re: ET Freezes when I bring down Console   ET Freezes when I bring down Console EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 9:41 am

I've got the feeling that braundorf is missing. Razz As for the map you can easily download it manually and put it in your etmain.
Good luck with the hurricane-thing man!
Back to top Go down
</3wildes
Admin
</3wildes

PostSubject: Re: ET Freezes when I bring down Console   ET Freezes when I bring down Console EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 11:57 am

braundorf is not missing!

Before you reinstall I may suggest you save your etkey.

Maybe you could check some linux ET forum for advice.

Sorry but no idea what is wrong with you ^^
Back to top Go down
http://www.affestaa.com
PaRaNoiD

PaRaNoiD

PostSubject: Re: ET Freezes when I bring down Console   ET Freezes when I bring down Console EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 3:09 pm

Can you play by now again? If not I'll try to make a check list of some sort and hopefully you play on BHS again.
Back to top Go down
<BHS/3kanga

<BHS/3kanga

PostSubject: Re: ET Freezes when I bring down Console   ET Freezes when I bring down Console EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 4:12 pm

still can't play, gives me the same error message (but w/ different map) just won't let me download anything so i am permanently stuck on wait screen
Back to top Go down
<BHS/3kanga

<BHS/3kanga

PostSubject: Re: ET Freezes when I bring down Console   ET Freezes when I bring down Console EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 5:37 pm

this might be why i can't get it working. I can't remove this file. located at /usr/local/bin/etded

Says it's been marked for deleting, but I can't delete it (and i'm an admin on this laptop obviously)

Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
PaRaNoiD

PaRaNoiD

PostSubject: Re: ET Freezes when I bring down Console   ET Freezes when I bring down Console EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 9:33 pm

Tbh never used linux my entire life so I don't have the slightest clue.
You might wanna get the other .pk3's you are missing from ppl that have them already, e.g. some1 uploads them to a site. And then just put them into the ET folder.
Also check in game options if you allowed the game to "get missing files from the server".

Oh and get yourself a GUID, by joining a server where PunkBuster is activated.
Back to top Go down
</3wildes
Admin
</3wildes

PostSubject: Re: ET Freezes when I bring down Console   ET Freezes when I bring down Console EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 11:32 pm

Ok, saw you today on server. What is the problem now exactly? Still missing .pk3, freezing, deleting file?

Did you reinstall et? Can you remove it with deinstallation? Just copy your etkey out of etmain. But if you loose it its not such big problem to give you levels back (if i understood you correctly today).

Also you asked how to change maxpackets? Do you use an autoexec.cfg that you created? If so, put in the following line into it:
seta cl_maxpackets "100"

If you have no idea what Im takling about (no offense), I will help you to create one.

Dunno shit about linux either, sorry
Back to top Go down
<BHS/3kanga

<BHS/3kanga

PostSubject: Re: ET Freezes when I bring down Console   ET Freezes when I bring down Console EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 11:52 pm

SO no more freezing when I pull down the console. Now I either can't dl a map, or get kicked off randomly when I try to connect.

Don't remember the exact error message though, I"ll save it if it happens again.

For right now :
Need paks: @noquarter/bhscustom10.pk3@noquarter/bhscustom10.pk3@etmain/1944_cherbourg2.pk3@etmain/1944_cherbourg2.pk3
Need paks: @noquarter/bhscustom10.pk3@noquarter/bhscustom10.pk3@etmain/1944_cherbourg2.pk3@etmain/1944_cherbourg2.pk3
Could not create noquarter/bhscustom10.pk3.tmp
ERROR: DL_BeginDownload unable to open '/home/mark/.etwolf/etmain/1944_cherbourg2.pk3.tmp' for writing
Failed to initialize download for 'http://maps.germany5.ycn-hosting.com/46.4.23.87-27010/etmain/1944_cherbourg2.pk3'

is my biggest and most consistent error
Back to top Go down
<BHS/3kanga

<BHS/3kanga

PostSubject: Re: ET Freezes when I bring down Console   ET Freezes when I bring down Console EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 11:53 pm

As for setting maxpackets, or any other setting I've just always used console.

/cl_maxpackets 100
/set rate XXXX
etc.

Never known there was another way
Back to top Go down
</3wildes
Admin
</3wildes

PostSubject: Re: ET Freezes when I bring down Console   ET Freezes when I bring down Console EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 10:17 am

Ok man,

pls go to this adress: http://www.weedheaven.de/forum/configbuilder/index.php
Very easy steps. Most is explained. If in doubt, ask me or dont add it (dont use the scripts exept namechanger for now). At the End you can dl a file called autoexec.cfg. You can open it with any editor or notepad.
You can edit and/or add whatever you like there, but for starters I just recommend you to have a look.
After that you have to put this file into your etmain folder. Should be found here: C:programs/wolfenstein/etmain
After you started ET your autoexec should be executed, but in case not, you bring down console and write:

/exec autoexec.cfg

Much easier and much more possibilities than writing in console. But im pretty shure you used namechanger before? Dont tell me you write the names manually?!

You can send me the file you created and i check it and add some stuff. If you like spawnselection script or class selection script I can help you. We can als do a special trickjump.cfg for you...

I will also try to figure your download problem, but I really think at this point reinstalling ET is the best solution.

cheers
Back to top Go down
<BHS/3kanga

<BHS/3kanga

PostSubject: Re: ET Freezes when I bring down Console   ET Freezes when I bring down Console EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 2:54 pm

I've reinstalled ET 4 times now...
Back to top Go down
</3wildes
Admin
</3wildes

PostSubject: Re: ET Freezes when I bring down Console   ET Freezes when I bring down Console EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 5:40 pm

couldnt know that. Does linux deinstall et completely? Same error seems to pop up right (except console freeze).
Did you allow downloads ingame?

otherwise try this in console or autoexec.cfg: seta cl_allowdownload "1"

Do you know any other linux guy bec i dont.
Back to top Go down
<BHS/3kanga

<BHS/3kanga

PostSubject: Re: ET Freezes when I bring down Console   ET Freezes when I bring down Console EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 5:50 pm

I'm not sure that linux is uninstalling it completely, if you read earlier in this thread I keep finding ONE et file (etded.exe) that cannot be erased. I try and delete it but i keep getting weird errors.

I really just need to find a WIndows OS so I can drop linux and play w/out any issues. Le SIgh
Back to top Go down
</3Boban

</3Boban

PostSubject: Re: ET Freezes when I bring down Console   ET Freezes when I bring down Console EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 9:30 pm

As wildes said, try using /seta cl_allowdownload 1.
Are you sure that your anti-virus is not blocking any incoming downloads from ET?

Back to top Go down
<BHS/3kanga

<BHS/3kanga

PostSubject: Re: ET Freezes when I bring down Console   ET Freezes when I bring down Console EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 3:02 pm

Now when I try and log onto our server, I get this message.

Sys_Error: failed to remove outdated '/noquarter/rtcwkey' file:
"Permission denied"

It won't go away unless I do an uninstall and then Reninstall the game. (BTW if i have to do that, it would mark the 6th time)

Uncle G has come up w/ nothing, you guys have anything?
Back to top Go down
</3 Ant0
Admin
</3 Ant0

PostSubject: Re: ET Freezes when I bring down Console   ET Freezes when I bring down Console EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 3:20 pm

You get on facebook or summit so we can talk about this!
Back to top Go down
</3wildes
Admin
</3wildes

PostSubject: Re: ET Freezes when I bring down Console   ET Freezes when I bring down Console EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 6:08 pm

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=843732

Found this. Not Exactly your problem, but similar. Talks about guid installer and pbkeyreg.

Tell me if anything improves. Will still be looking for answers.
Back to top Go down
</3wildes
Admin
</3wildes

PostSubject: Re: ET Freezes when I bring down Console   ET Freezes when I bring down Console EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 6:40 pm

You will get an eMail from etschnoog@gmail.com.

He got several linux et server running and is willing to help you.

Your welcome

EDIT: This is the new owner of splatterladder and leader of ETW-Clan.
Fuck ass.... the internet never fails to surprise me.... Was total luck i talked to him
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ET Freezes when I bring down Console   ET Freezes when I bring down Console Empty

Back to top Go down

ET Freezes when I bring down Console
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BrokenHeartsShootingclub :: General :: Questions about Enemy Territory or PC :: ET-
Jump to: