BrokenHeartsShootingclub
~ Welcome to <BHS/3 Clan Forum ~

~ Enjoy your stay and be Happy Smile ~

~ BHS-ET.tk ~

(no ads for registered users)

HomeHome[b]Servers[b/]Recruiting forumUnbanFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Ubuntu Linux and W:ET not playing nicely together?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
I<3Pie

PostSubject: Ubuntu Linux and W:ET not playing nicely together?   Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:59 am

pretty straight forward stuff....... any problems feel free to ask !!!!!! I have only just learnt how to do this, this way. So therefor any problems you encounter I wanna know so i can find fixes and explain them !!!! Anyway!! You Ready?!

W:ET Linux Install With Sound In One Go! no flaffing about with sound drivers and et-sdl-sound.so scripts n shizzle! follow these simple steps (Huge thank you Alex from ETF for teaching+assisting me this trick) Okay! enough chatting now for the fix!

Back up PK3 Files Ect Ect.
Remove all traces of W:ET installation.

sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list

At the END of the file (mousewheel) Add:-

deb http://archive.getdeb.net/ubuntu utopic-getdeb games

then use Ctrl + X ( to exit )

then Ctrl + Y (to confirm)
it should then say /et/apt/sources.list in a wee bar near the bottom.. if so then hit Enter.

wget -q -O- http://archive.getdeb.net/getdeb-archive.key | sudo apt-key add -

Should get "OK" confirmation!

sudo apt-get update

Once Finished.

Web Browser (Copy Paste > Enter)

http://www.playdeb.net/install/enemy-territory/2.60b%2Bpb2.213-1~getdeb2

for me it opened this in software centre.. but i read sometimes firefox needs be told to use apturl for it to work if the "loading screen is blank" or some bollocks! I had problems at first.. but then i removed Linux install of ET and Wines install of ET, as well as any traces of the first attempt this way... i then worked without any problems at all!

www.playdeb.net apparently has a fair few games on it that you can install onto Ubuntu distro's this way... ive yet to look through it yet as its like 03:49am lol!

i am pretty sure after installing one game this way.. all you need to do is use the website directly to install the rest of them......

Deleting the installilations is really really simple... go back to www.playdeb.net and find what it was you want to install.. reclick install button and there u can then be given option to remove once its loaded!

<BHS/3 Clan ***
pie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
I<3Pie

PostSubject: Re: Ubuntu Linux and W:ET not playing nicely together?   Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:52 pm

STOP!!! UNTIL I GET HOME AND HAVE THE ABILITY TO EDIT DO NOT TRY THIS!

okay now that i have got your attention, backing up pk3 files, mod folders, etkey. Does not work, the game will just stick two fingers up at you lol....

So sadly with this way of installing W:ET with sound you will need re download everything. But you are be to save your configuration and reuse it! I will edit above post and remove this one if I can or edit if can't,

thanks for being patient!

I would like to not that some of you are gonna say well I have sound (most probably by the et-sdl-sound method).

That particular method is effectively a back door. In short a sound "hack" nothing ofc like an aim bot or wall hack! But it does tend to cause around during 0.2 milliseconds of sound delay. Which can mean everything in those deciding minutes of a game!

This method is not a backdoor/hack, it's a direct working install with sound!

<BHS/3 Clan ***
pie
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Ubuntu Linux and W:ET not playing nicely together?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1